In the event that an asset needs to be associated with a different account, this can be done through the Mobil Serv Move Asset function.
Steps to Move an Assets
- Select the Assets tile from the Dashboard.
- Use the search bar to find an existing asset to move and select that asset.
- On the Asset Details page, select Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Asset Editor and select Move.
- Select the New Account in the Move Asset screen.
- Select Yes to confirm the asset move.
- Users can also select to move the asset by itself or move it with any child assets to the new account.
- Users can opt to delete the asset history when moving an asset to a new account by checking the Delete History checkbox.
- Select Save to complete the asset move.
Note: Users may only move assets to accounts to which they are assigned.
If you receive an error such as "This asset is part of an assembly and can not be moved":
Ensure the asset being moved is not a child asset of a different asset.
If it is a child asset, the parent asset will need to be moved.
Alternatively, the child asset can be disassociated from the parent asset.
IMPORTANT: Please check with Technical Helpdesk before completing this process!
- First, ensure that this asset NEEDS to be removed from the parent asset.
- Open the parent asset and scroll down to the Relationships panel. You should see the child asset listed underneath the parent asset:
- Next, click the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the Relationships screen:
- Now, mouse over the asset you would like to remove, and a red X will appear to the right of the name of the asset:
- Click the red X to remove the child asset from the parent asset.
- Now, you should be able to move the asset to a different account.