In the event that an asset needs to be associated with a different account, this can be done through the Mobil Serv Move Asset function.
Steps to Move an Asset via the UI
- Select the Assets tile from the Dashboard.
- Use the search bar to find an existing asset to move and select that asset.
- On the Asset Details page, select Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Asset Editor and select Move.
- Select the New Account in the Move Asset screen.
- Select Yes to confirm the asset move.
- Users can also select to move the asset by itself or move it with any child assets to the new account.
- Users can opt to delete the asset history when moving an asset to a new account by checking the Delete History checkbox.
- Select Save to complete the asset move.
Note: Users may only move assets to accounts to which they are assigned.
Steps to Move an Asset via the Excel Add-In
- Open up the Excel Add-In (Select link if download hasn't been completed)
- Select Get Assets
If you receive an error such as "This asset is part of an assembly and can not be moved":
Ensure the asset being moved is not a child asset of a different asset.
If it is a child asset, the parent asset will need to be moved.
Alternatively, the child asset can be disassociated from the parent asset.
IMPORTANT: Please check with Technical Helpdesk before completing this process!
- First, ensure that this asset NEEDS to be removed from the parent asset.
- Open the parent asset and scroll down to the Relationships panel. You should see the child asset listed underneath the parent asset:
- Next, click the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the Relationships screen:
- Now, mouse over the asset you would like to remove, and a red X will appear to the right of the name of the asset:
- Click the red X to remove the child asset from the parent asset.
- Now, you should be able to move the asset to a different account.