Key Points to Asset Classes
- Create categories to store related assets in.
- Easily access asset and attribute information using Asset Classes.
- Asset Class attribute data is instantly available for reporting purposes.
- Asset Classes must be created prior to creating Assets.
Creating an Asset Class
Select Create Asset Class and then fill out the following fields:
Name- Enter the Name of the Asset Class.
Description- A description of the Asset Class.
Asset Type- May NOT be changed.
Default Asset Description- Enter a default description for all assets in this class.
Automate Asset ID- Select this box if utility Cloud should automatically assign sequential asset ids.
Prefix- When information is entered here all asset id's in this class will have a prefix.
Start Number- The number that Utility Cloud should begin the automatic sequential asset id.
Asset Icons- may be changed as well.
Business Line - Users may add, remove, or change.
Workflows- Users may add, remove, or change.
Stakeholders- Users may add, remove, or change.
Steps to Edit an Asset Class
- Select the Account the Asset Class is in from the drop down.
- Search for and Select the Asset Class that requires updating.
- Changes can be made to the Details, Asset Class Attributes, or Preferences.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page to Save changes.
Quick Steps to Copy an Asset Class
- Choose the Asset Class that requires editing from the search results, or search for the name in the search field.
- Scroll to the bottom, Click Copy.
- Assign Details.
- Click Save.
Steps to Search for Asset Classes
To search for asset classes, enter any search value. The system will search across all asset class fields and return any asset classes that contain that key word anywhere on the asset classes (in the name, address, phone number, etc.).
To find a value in a specific field (name for example), enter the field name followed by a colon and then the value to search for. Faceted searches may be performed on the following fields:
- name:search value
- type:search value
- id:search value (asset class key)
- businesslines:search value
To look for a specific value in a specific field (name “valves” for example), a faceted search can be performed by entering the facet name followed by a colon and then the value to search for in quotes. This will return only asset classes where the system finds an identical match in that field (as opposed to a match where the value is contained in that field).
To find the asset class where the name=valves, enter the following -
This will only return the asset class where the asset class name equals valves.
To find any asset class where the name contains valves, enter the following (without quotes) -
Clicking on the Key in the lower right corner of an asset will display it's Asset Class Key.
Users may add, remove, or change attributes across the asset class
Add Attributes- Click the Create button
Edit Attributes- Click into the line item that requires changes
User must click Save once changes are made
Cost Data Tab may also be Edited by selecting that tab.
Preferences Tab contains options to Edit Notifications, Auto Locate, Share, etc
Quick Steps to Changing the Asset Class on Assets
- Find the Asset that needs to be moved.
- Select the Asset.
- Select the Edit button.
- Change the Asset Class by clicking on the Asset Class box and selecting the new Asset Class.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
Asset Information: Once an Asset has been moved to a different Asset Class a list of the new attribute information will appear. The information will not automatically populate from the old Asset Class to the new one. To add this information the user will need to select Edit on the Asset, and complete the Attribute section under Details. Once the information is saved, the user will be able to view the old and new attribute data under the Details on the Asset.